We are planning to establish a course to support the creation of a new business model utilizing the ECHONET Lite standard for students in the Asian region at the lecture “EBA Perspective” operated by SFC Institute, Keio University. We have signed a contract to develop the teaching materials used in that course jointly with the institute. Its education teaching materials, the end of March, was to complete the production.
We have started preparing for the establishment of the strategy building WG to materialize the link between smart home constructed by ECHONET Lite and IoT service.
We exhibited at Smart Energy Japan 2018 / ENEX 2018 held at Tokyo Big Sight from February 14 th – 16 th 2018, in collaboration with Kanagawa Institute of Technology Smart House Research Center.
The 8th Forum was held at Hamamatsu – cho Seavance S – Hall on February 15, 2018. About 82 people participated in the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC) 50 companies.
On December 8 (Thu.), a symposium and the 20th anniversary of ECHONET Consortium were successfully held at Akiba Plaza in Akihabara, Tokyo.
At the symposium, panelists from industry, government, and academia participated in a panel discussion titled “ECHONET Lite in the age of IoT”. A specially appointed Project Associate Professor from Keio University, Dr. Masaki Umejima, served as moderator.
Professor Jun Murai of Keio University gave a special lecture on “Innovation from IoT”, 142 people including invited people and members participated and the symposium ended successfully.
120 people attended the reception hall in Akihabara and a memorial party was held. We received a celebration message from government officials, chief director of consortium, chairman of consortium etc.
1. Launched the ECHONET Lite AIF International Standard Development Committee and began activities to make ECHONET Lite AIF specifications the international standard.
2. Added and revised specifications for the extended lighting system class and fuel cell class, including revisions to specifications linked to the Energy Resource Aggregation Business Study Group (ERAB).
Released the Detailed Requirements for Device Objects Release J
3. Released the Interface Specifications for Application Commnication and certification test specifications linked to the Detailed Requirements for Device Objects Release J.
Newly established: lighting systems, extended lighting systems
Updated: fuel cells, electric vehicles, electric vehicle charging/discharging devices
4. Released test tools complying with the updated Interface Specifications for Application Communication
5. ECHONET Consortium exhibited at the 2017 Energy Innovation Japan Event (September 28 – 29, Osaka Prefecture) exhibited by Mart House Research Center, Kanagawa Institute of Technology
Introduction of ECHONET consortium activities. NALTEC（member company ） joined the demonstration.
June 28: Hosted 7th Forum (Large Hall, Building “S” of the Seavans Hall)
Miyahara from the Information-technology Promotion Agency, Japan（IPA） gave a special lecture titled “Risk recognition in the IoT age and efforts to ensure safety and comfort”. Dr. Masaki Umejima (Keio Research Institute of SFC) and Kenji Yamano (President of Shindenryoku Oita) then gave a presentation titled “HEMS, smart electric meters, VPP, PV, and new power PPS, a feasible and responsible power infrastructure”
Investigation to count shipped during FY2016, and obtained replies from 77 companies
During fiscal 2016, 4,053,476 units were shipped. The cumulative number since fiscal 2013 reached 9,879,873. In total, 23.23 million smart electric meters have been installed, and the ratio of installed meters has reached about 30%.
4. Released the Interface Specifications for Application Communication and Certification test specifications.
Interface Specifications for Application Communication between and HEMS Controllers:: fuel cells, electric vehicles, electric vehicle charging/discharging devices
Certification test specifications: fuel cells, electric vehicles, electric vehicle charging/discharging devices
5. Collaboration with Information-technology Promotion Agency, Japan (IPA)
Technical verification for ECHONET Lite device Authentication specifications (DA) was conducted in collaboration with IPA to check interoperability. (Results shall be disclosed by IPA)