ECHONET Consortium activity report(FY2018 3Q)
1. Home Appliance Open Innovation Symposium
- “Home Appliance Open Innovation Symposium―The Future brought by ECHONET 2.0―” was held on December 18, 2018 at Keio University (Mita Campus) (Sponsored by: Keio University Cyber Civilization Research Center, cosponsored by: ECHONET Consortium)
- Dr. David Farber from the US, who is known as the father of internet, Dr. Sureswaran Ramadass, chairman of ECHONET Malaysia, and Mr. Richard Schomberg, ambassador of IEC Smart Energy, were invited to the symposium and gave lectures on the topics of IoT in the new world, energy, and international standardization. The symposium had 128 member and non-member participants.
- At the Symposium, the ECHONET Consortium announced its goals and basic policy for the new ECHONET 2.0 strategy, which was discussed by the Strategy Building Working Group.
- At the symposium, a panel discussion was held with lecturers and spectators, and a new ECHONET effort was introduced.
2. 2018 Industrial Standardization Project Award from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- The ECHONET Consortium won the 2018 Commendation of Industrial Technology Environment Bureau Director (Industrrial Standardization Project Award) as a body that has rendered distinguished service for industrial standardization.
3. Activities to make the ECHONET Lite AIF specifications into a specification international standard
- The CHONET Lite AIF specifications between home air conditioners and controllers (ISO/IEC 14543-4-301) were approved with a vote by representatives from various countries for the NEW WORK ITEM PROPOSAL (NP), Working Draft (WD) of ISO/IEC JTC1 SC25 WG1 (Dec 27).
4. Started operation of the ECHONET Lite Web API experimental cloud
- Configured an experimental cloud to provide the ECHONET Lite Web API experimental environment for the members (released to the general public via website at the beginning of October). Anyone who is registered as a user according to the license agreement can freely use the experimental cloud.
ECHONET Consortium activity report(FY2018 2Q)
1. ECHONET 2.0 vision strategy opened to the general public at CEATEC JAPAN 2018
- An interim report of the “ECHONET 2.0 vision” strategy that is under consideration at the strategic construction WG was announced at the conference of CEATEC JAPAN 2018 with attendees filled with the venue and exhibited at the exhibition booth established at the exhibition hall.
2. Public disclosure of WebAPI guidelines to the publicWebAPI
- Establishment of guidelines for ECHONET Lite Web API that enables collaboration between clouds that can expect creation of various services and opened to the public on the website for the first time in October.
3. Change of composition of ECHONET Lite standard document
- A document “ECHONET Lite System Design Guidelines”, 1st edition, which added the description of the design guidelines on the smart meter by making the system design guidelines of Part 5 independent from the ECHONET Lite Standards, was made public.
ECHONET Consortium activity report(FY2018 1Q)
1. Held the 5th annual general meeting for Company members.
- June 12: Held the 5th annual general meeting for company members (Large Hall, Building “S” of Seavans Hall)
- Attendance is 7 managing companies, 89 members of general members (including power of attorney)
- Reported business report for fiscal 2017, business plan for fiscal 2018 and budget plan for income and expenditure.
- Approved for election of 2017 fiscal year statements and 4 directors and 1 auditor.
- Along with the expiration of the term of office of the representative director, Mr. Hiramatsu of Panasonic
Corporation becomes new representative director.
2. Started examination of ECHONET 2.0 vision strategy by ECHONET2.0 Strategy WG
In order to construct the strategy of “ECHONET 2.0 Vision” to expand the scope of application of ECHONET Lite from energy to IoT related services, we established a ECHONET2.0 strategy WG and started the review work.
We explained the concept of the “ECHONET 2.0 vision” strategy discussed to the working members at the 9th Forum as an interim report.
3. The 9th ECHONET Forum held
The 9th ECHONET Forum was held on June 26 and about 95 members got involved.
In the forum, the ECHONET Consortium made an interim report on the “ECHONET 2.0 vision” strategy, and as a special lecture, as an example of the application expansion to IoT aimed at ECHONET Lite, NTT Smile Energy Inc. intorduced the “energy IoT platform” Eco-MEGANE “, and Lawson Inc. intoroduced the ” LAWSON Smart Energy Store “.
4. The system design guideline of ECHONET Lite is part 5 of the ECHONET Lite specification, but since it is subject to many changes, it is separated as a separate specification as the design guideline of the ECHONET Lite specification Ver.1.13 and the ECHONET Lite system design We changed the composition and opened it to the public.